Sky operates the leading multi-channel pay television service in the UK and Ireland, in over 10 million households. The successful launch of Sky Broadband in July 2006 allowed customers to save money on high-quality broadband and telephony while enjoying the widest available choice of basic pay-TV channels.
Sky recently completed a large IT systems integration programme, rolling out updates across their entire IT landscape whereby the IFS ERP system became mission-critical to the organisation.
Due to the critical nature of the IFS implementation, additional expertise was required to ensure platform stability was maintained. It was also important that any new IFS releases were implemented effectively, allowing an improvement in time to fix any issues that arose.
The current team at Sky worked well together and it was therefore imperative that the Cooper Software engagement supplemented the existing team to enhance their performance.
Cooper Software engaged with Sky to provide full-time experienced IFS development staff, augmenting their Supply Chain Applications Support team.
The engagement model consisted of spending four weeks on-site locally with the team to achieve and create an in-depth understanding of processes, systems and people (Business and IT). Following the on-site knowledge transfer program, our specialists then managed this service both remotely and on site as required, with a Programme Manager operating remotely, holding service reviews periodically on-site.
The Cooper Software team were extremely effective and in a very short space of time we started noticing benefits in terms of the technical experience they provided us with and the manner in which they were able to expedite tasks quickly and correctly.
Supply Chain Component Manager, Sky
- A reduction in the number of support items logged with IFS UK, consequently high priority support items were turned around faster.
- Improved information flow for IFS incident management using specifically designed statistic reports which highlighted an improvement of service levels, again exceeding management expectations.
- Installation of new IFS releases into multiple development, test and production environments – further improving the overall effectiveness of IFS.
- In addition to the day-to-day support, this team was also backed up by a wider team to bring in other specialist external Cooper Software’s expert IFS resources quickly to solve any other IFS business issues that arose.
- Reduced risk of system downtime due to fully documented knowledge transfer process.
- Ensured provision of trained backfill resource to cover short and long term absences, and emergency cover if required.
- Identified, created and implemented process improvements e.g. automating daily checks, application monitoring and deploying scripts.
- Local IFS expertise to call upon to validate, estimate and support, new business IFS requests.
- Flexible 24x/7 support cover.
- Service delivery expectations exceeded management targets.