Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
9am - 5pm Mon-Fri
The purpose of the Business Development Manager role is to manage and grow Cooper Software’s business within a range of accounts in the IFS market in line with the company’s business plan.
The Business Development Manager will have working relationships across all levels of the company, including the Managing Director, Sales Director, Head of Marketing, CTO, and Head of Technical Operations. The Business Development Manager will also work closely with the sales admin and other members of the sales team on a day to day basis.
The Business Development Manager is part of the sales team, reporting to the IFS Business Development Manager Director.
The Business Development Manager is a holistic role which covers the following activities:
• Sales and Account management
• Developing a deep understanding of a range of accounts and growing Cooper Software’s presence within the client base
• Ensuring the internal delivery team are meeting client expectations and managing both sides of this relationship
• Preparing and delivering client presentations and pitches
• Managing sales opportunities through the sales pipeline at all accounts within the given territory
• Commercial negotiations
• Ensuring all contractual paperwork is in place for each engagement (with the assistance of the Customer Services Coordinator and CFO)
• Account planning
• Managing a virtual account team (where needed)
Will identify new sales opportunities, developing these opportunities to a successful sales conclusion. Will also further develop existing customer relationships to maximise and develop existing sales opportunities.
• Effective account management ensuring sales targets are met, and that the maximum number of sales opportunities are brought to fruition.
• Will work closely with the Sales Director, CFO and management team to ensure the profitability of each project remains as initially projected.
In addition, the Business Development Manager is expected to contribute on a wider basis including, but not limited to:
• Seeking new opportunities within the client base and working with the CTO office to develop new product/services for the portfolio
• Continual improvement in the areas of client management and product marketing
• Contributing to future business planning
• Guiding the junior members of the Sales team on an informal basis
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Strong understanding of the ERP software landscape
• Experience of bid management and commercial systems
• Have experience of all aspects of customer management
• Experience of strategic management and business interaction at senior / board level.
• The ability to multitask and manage a large client base
• A proven track record of exceeding business targets and delivering to business plans
• A track record of managing a virtual team delivering complex solutions to clients
• To be naturally inquisitive, a good listener and have a keen desire to understand client requirements
• Be able to relay client requirements to the delivery team and work closely with the team to provide the right solutions to clients
• Have the gravitas to work at all levels within an organisation, from director level to engineer
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
• A track record of creating and delivering compelling client proposals and presentations