ERP Consultant IFS
ERP consultant IFS
Head of Consulting
9am - 5pm Mon-Fri
The post holder will be responsible for providing functional, typically Finance consultancy for the IFS ERP solution for Cooper Software’s clients including, but not limited to, creating solution outlines/definitions, defining and providing end user training, and creating supporting documentation. The role will also encompass the preparation of test data and providing guidance to customer as they go through the system setup acceptance process.
The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring the Cooper Software product portfolio meets the needs of existing and potential IFS customers. They will also be key members of the implementation team for any delivery of these products to ensure the solution is integrated with the customer’s business processes and requirements.
Head of Consulting – Responsible when undertaking customer project work.
Supporting stakeholders include the Director or Strategic Projects and the Head of Operations.
• Provide functional expertise to support the implementation, upgrade, configuration and maintenance of the IFS solution.
• Work closely with customers to create solution outlines and solution definitions for new requirements to extend the use of IFS.
• Address support incidents that are assigned to you that have been raised by customers through the company helpdesk.
• Provide architectural direction and guidance to all staff from pre-sales through delivery cycle specifically for the use of the IFS product.
• Contribute to the company’s product and service portfolio through the innovation of existing in-house developed toolsets
• Offer advice for establishing the organisation’s systems development standards, frameworks, methods and procedures.
• Clearly understand and work within the Project Management Office framework and agreed Customer Delivery Charters.
• Ensure in-house delivery and project management principles are adhered to
• For project work, liaise closely with customer (or internal stakeholders) to understand requirements within the scope of the project. This will include working on-site with the client and performing Business Information Reviews (internal document) as appropriate.
• Mentor junior team members in the use and operation of IFS.
• Report daily to the Project Management Office giving project updates and reporting any project risk/issues.
• IFS Consultancy
- Assist with key aspects of IFS implementations, upgrades, business as usual activities and business improvements.
- Document relevant activities within the company’s QMS (ISO 9001 Quality procedures) to ensure a high level of quality and repeatability.
- Responsibility for ensuring that quality control activities (including testing) are carried out satisfactorily. Attends quality reviews as appropriate.
• Company Product Portfolio
- Contributes to the organisation’s medium and long-term information management strategy with specific reference to company’s product portfolio with specific reference to IFS implementations and upgrades.
• Provide finance expertise and authority for IFS:
- Potentially as sole consultant, or as part of a small team.
- Responsible for delivery and quality of project deliverables across the different phases of the project delivery process:
- Envisionment (e.g. Solution Outline Documents)
- Exploration (e.g. create and demonstrate working models, functional specifications, solution definition documents)
- Engineering (e.g. test specifications, user training manuals)
- Create supporting system documentation including installation guides and standard operating procedures as required.
- Help mentor junior members of the delivery team in all aspects of best practice and lead peer design reviews.
• Project work
- Work with the customer’s technology and business representatives and ensure architectural principles are communicated.
• Toolset and Methodology
- The company’s delivery methodology must be followed by all staff and this role will provide guidance and mentoring to ensure compliance with this process.
- Create procedures and quality standards working within the framework.
Please note that final appointment will be subject to pre-employment screening.