KAEFER offers a unique range of industrial services, delivered by experienced and multi-disciplined specialists, right across the UK. They provide advanced scaffolding and access systems, cryogenic, thermal and acoustic insulation services, asbestos management and removal and industrial painting and coating services. For the marine and offshore sector, they also design and build complete HVAC ducting systems, as well as providing a host of fabricated metal products and delivering comprehensive interior out-fitting and construction services.
To support the continued business growth of the company, KAEFER were looking undertake a large scale ERP implementation of IFS in place of their previous legacy systems.
KAEFER required a structure and plan for the programme, which required expertise to provide an expert level of ERP knowledge to bridge gaps in their system understanding. Furthermore KAEFER required help in managing the overall programme of works, which included: Business Review and Solution Design, Project Planning, coordinating the product vendor resources and deliveries, supporting internal business team with day to day activities, delivering all functional consulting elements including training, system setup and configuration as well as all technical aspects of the implementation.
“Immediately Cooper Software added value to our team and activities started getting ticked off. I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail they showed throughout. Through using their pre-developed methodologies and tools, as well as their industry experience and product knowledge, I had instant confidence that we had the right partner to deliver the project successfully.”
Managing Director, KAEFER
Cooper Software were brought in as Prime Contractor to manage KAEFER’s overall ERP implementation. Cooper Software provided a programme manager to oversee the business transformation and our expert team of consultants quickly identified areas where KAEFER could improve their implementation, making an immediate impact on critical milestone deliveries (solution designs, training material, data migration, programme & project management, testing, solution outlines, environment setup, and release management).
The programme adopted a phased approach comprising multiple projects which provided clearly defined work streams with measurable targets for the business to concentrate on. This proven approach was developed and honed over a number of years from previous successful implementations by Cooper Software. The initial phase of the programme focused on the functional and technical implementation of the Payroll, Time Recording and Projects modules, the second phase focused on the implementation of the Finance and Purchasing Modules, with the final phase bringing the HR functionality on line. Regular programme board meetings with the directors and senior stakeholders provided a forum to report progress, risks and issues and to help prioritize activity, make key decisions and ensure resources across the business were secured.
Further value for KAEFER was realized through improving business processes by implementing various Cooper Software proprietary products. These included Cooper Software’s automatic report delivery, BRAVO, Receive by Value and BACS file transmittal, as well as their SDK (Software Developers Kit) which helped with building the necessary technical aspects around transforming the data ready for the data migration creating custom events and complex reports.
- Accelerated ERP implementation enabled by Cooper Software as Prime Contractor – Whole implementation completed in 14 months from scratch.
- Proven methodology provided to manage future system change.
- Specialist Programme Manager to take business ‘pains’ away from the project sponsor by providing professional delivery methodologies and experience.
- Over 200 users and 1100 employees now on/using new ERP system
- Implementation by Cooper Software gave KAEFER the option to take on Cooper Software’s’ proven helpdesk capabilities to support the IFS environment for the future enabling a constant partnership to ensure they always gain the most out of their IFS going forward.
- Retirement of Legacy systems and hardware saving maintenance and license costs.
- New functionality implemented enabling KAEFER to automate standard processes around, time & project bookings, purchase order creations, inventory management and billing – enabling business to continue of growth strategy and acquisition and incorporation of new businesses.
- Improved centralised finance reporting function enabling improved project costing and booking, and easy delivery of central group reports both monthly and quarterly.