About Loch Fyne Oysters
Loch Fyne Oysters Ltd. was founded in 1978 by local landowner John Noble and Andrew Lane a recent graduate in marine biology.
Between them they had the knowledge and resources to start what has become one of the UK’s largest oyster farms and a major player in the quality smoked and fresh salmon market.
The company exports to over 20 countries around the world. Loch Fyne has 44 restaurants throughout the UK. Restaurants, resellers and individuals can also purchase its produce from its shop, website or wholesale.
A business need arose to integrate key financial systems with 3rd-party web store application and automate Sales Order Transactions. This was due to increased transactions being processed via the Loch Fyne website. Orders received online generate a single information file which then requires a large amount of manual processing to transfer the data into the back-end sales order processing and finance systems.
Coupling this with heavily intensive manual processes and an increase in volume, the Loch Fyne management recognized the need to integrate their shop website with their supporting IT systems in an effort to reduce time taken and eliminate manual data entry errors.
“Cooper Software delivered the solution on time on budget and met all of our requirements. Not only was the solution delivered but training was also provided to our staff during the development to provide us with the necessary skills to manage and build on the solution going forward. Cooper Software managed the development including 3rd-party providers who looked after the new site design and the web shop content management system that was selected. Their attention to detail, collaborative ethic and ingenuity ensured the project was delivered successfully in time for our busiest time of the year.”
IT Manager, Loch Fyne Oysters
Cooper Software, Europe’s largest independent provider of products, consulting and support for IFS users, created a business framework which was focused on getting the best of the client’s existing systems. Customised middleware was built using XML technologies and Microsoft ASP.NET.
Delivery of a bespoke web integration application for administration, configuration and SOAP Web Services for the transfer of data was installed, with single point access for order payment status and immediate credit card approval.
The final automatic website ordering process takes place through an import procedure linked to sales order processing system.
- Eliminates a large amount of manual processing resulting in improved efficiency for the processing of sales orders.
- By automatically integrating disparate but key operational systems, orders can be processed immediately, saving substantial time and ensuring accuracy.
- Selected Loch Fyne users can monitor and configure the system via a web-based administration console.
- Integrates with the client’s existing systems, adding value and extending its life, preventing the need to purchase costly new system replacements.
- A modern user-facing web-based management information system that enables local staff to create their own reports.