About Synergy Health
Synergy Health delivers a range of specialist outsourced services to healthcare providers and other clients concerned with health management. Headquartered in Swindon, UK, Synergy Health has a global presence and employs over 5,600 people across the UK & Ireland, Europe & the Middle East, Asia & Africa and the Americas
Synergy Health was undertaking a large-scale implementation of IFS at multiple sites in various geographical locations and required an internal helpdesk to be set up to support this task. There was also a backlog of tickets in the legacy helpdesk system that needed to be closed off before any progress could be made.
Furthermore, because implementing ERP systems such as IFS is not something most medium-sized businesses do on a regular basis, an experienced, expert Programme Manager was key to the success of this complex, ambitious project.
“The Cooper Software team ensured our backlog was cleared rapidly so we could focus on establishing best practice for our global roll-out. They were on hand every step of the way, offering in-depth guidance and recommendations that led to the overall success of a large-scale task.”
IT Services Manager, Synergy Health
Cooper Software was engaged to provide vital bandwidth to the service team (solving tickets) and help guarantee the IFS roll-out plan was delivered on time. A specialist ERP Programme Manager was deployed to manage the global implementation team, and be on-site to provide governance for the duration of the project.
Delivery was split into 2 phases: Phase A included on-site IFS support, with a senior consultant working full-time on-site and remote 3rd-line support through a blended team working part-time completing the design stage. Phase B catered to the transition to remote 3rd-line support and operation of a remote 3rd-line support desk.
Project governance was established and end user documentation was created to transfer knowledge from the Cooper Software team to Synergy Health, in tandem with knowledge gathering to feed into remote 3rd-line support.
- Bandwidth augmentation to accelerate resolution of helpdesk backlog.
- IFS roll-out plan delivered on time.
- Specialist Programme Manager takes the business pain away from the project sponsor by providing professional delivery methodologies and experience.
- Project delivery team effectively and efficiently recruited.
- Support structure established for IFS service team.
- Up-skill of IT service team to allow Synergy Health to be self-sufficient for the long term.
- Knowledge handed over to business on completion for future project needs.
- 24 x 7 support for Oracle databases.
- Additional ad-hoc recommendations arising from IFS skill and experience.